How to dub a VHS tape
- Use the Web interface to route the
VHS Play deck to the VHS Record deck, by middle-clicking
the VHS Play picture or text and left-clicking the VHS
Record picture or text.
- To see what's happening, middle-click on VHS Record and
left-click on one of the monitors.
- Put tapes in the VHS Play (left deck) and VHS Record
(right deck) decks.
- On the VHS Record deck, the input select switch should be set
to LINE (see illustration).
- On the VHS Play deck push PLAY.
- On the VHS Record deck hold REC then push PLAY.
- To hear what's happening, you might need to turn up the following
controls on the Audio Mixer: the Speaker Volume knob, Master Volume
slider, and Rec Mon slider. See illustration.
The telect commands to set this up are
telect -lntsc -ivhsply -ovhsrec
telect -laudio -ivhsply -ovhsrec
telect -lntsc -ivhsrec -orecmon
If the red circle doesn't appear on the display of the record deck,
you're not recording. Make sure to hit the record button before the
play button to get into record mode. If you're still unable to record,
make sure the write enable tab hasn't been snapped off the tape. If it
has, and you're sure you want to record over what's already there,
enable the tape for writing by putting Scotch or masking tape over the
Return to Main Video Menu
Last modified: Thu Dec 9 22:49:55 PST 1999